Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dinner and Wine at Del Frisco's Grille

Had dinner at Del Frisco's Grille Friday night which just has fantastic food.  I love to eat dinner there but that place is LOUD.  I wish they would put something on the walls to mute things a bit because it is very hard to carry on a conversation anywhere in that place.  (The food still rocks.)

They have an infused pineapple vodka martini that is nothing short of dangerous.  I drank 2 of them.  

The wine list had changed a bit so I took time to review before dinner.  I could not believe it when I saw a Gargiulo Merlot on the list.  I have NEVER seen Gargiulo on a restaurant menu.  It's a very small production winery that sits next to Screaming Eagle vineyards.  If you're fortunate enough to schedule a tasting, you'll have an amazing view from their patio while you sample their terrific red wines.  We ordered a bottle and it was as good as I remember.  I wish they carried Gargiulo Cabernet but I'll settle for the yummy Merlot.  (You can read my review of Gargiulo here).


Word is they are going to add some pizazz to their wine by the glass list in the next few week.  I'll have to stop back by and see if they can surprise me again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment