Saturday, February 26, 2011

Col Solare: One of My All-Time Favorites


I love reds. Zins, Cabs and an occasional Syrah make up the bulk of my collection. However, some of my all time favorite wines are blends. It's hard to beat Conn Creek's Anthology, Flora Springs Trilogy or a great bottle of Paraduxx. Of course, Quintessa is in a league all its own.

Last year I stumbled upon a wine that has become one of my all-time favorites. It's Col Solare which is a Cab, Merlot, Cab Franc blend out of Washington. Absolutely fantastic.

Col Solare is a collaboration between Tuscany’s Marchesi Antinori and Washington State’s Chateau Ste. Michelle. I can usually find it in Dallas for about $75/bottle.


If you love blends, try this wine. Hall of Famer, in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment