Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lail Vineyards 2008 Sauvignon Blanc




At the same time the wily sales guy at Sigel's was tempting me with the Blueprint Cab, he mentioned how good the Sauvignon Blanc was. Of course I bought it since I'm on my Sauv Blanc search this summer. As a die-hard red drinker, I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Prior to trying this wine, Duckhorn was my top Sauv Blanc but this one is really good. It's fruity without being too sweet and very light. This is the drink-by-the-pool wine on a hot day.





Here are the winemaker's notes:

Our "Blueprint" Sauvignon Blanc exhibits the fabulous acidity, minerality and amazing purity of its Sancerre sisters. Produced with a focus on preservation of aromatics and acidity, it has a delicate pale straw robe, an elegant and intense floral perfume (geranium, melon and lime), and crisp fruit flavors with profound richness and length.


Retails for $38.

No comments:

Post a Comment