Friday, January 4, 2013

NYE Wine Lunch at Perry's Steakhouse

Can't say enough about Perry's Steakhouse in Dallas.  Just top notch.  Best turtle soup you'll ever eat and the steaks are heaven.

Met my husband, parents, brother and sister-in-law for a NYE lunch.  As usual, I ordered the wine.  

We started with a 2006 Twomey Merlot.  As I often note, I am NOT a Merlot fan but there are 2 exceptions:  Twomey and Northstar.  

Twomey is a Silver Oak winery that focuses on Merlot, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc.  I first tried a Twomey Merlot years back at a Silver Oak Cabernet release party and have been a fan ever since.  I wanted my dad and brother to try something new and both loved it.  



I ordered a 2007 Heitz Cellars Napa Cab to drink with lunch.  You really can't go wrong with Heitz.  It is a consistently good Cab and the price is not outrageous.  I remember how gracious they were when we visited Heitz Cellars years back so I often order their wine in restaurants.  They kept the tasting room open a little late for us and weren't even annoyed that we popped in about 15 minutes before they were supposed to close.  Good people.  Great wine.

From the winemaker:


Our 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet is a stunning wine from the popular 2007 vintage. Unquestionably a Heitz Wine Cellars cabernet, this is a classic wine of finesse and elegance – beautiful now and structured to age gracefully for years to come.  The rich varietal aroma leads to delicious flavors of dark cherry with notes of spicy plum. A generous core of cabernet fruit is nicely integrated with refreshing acidity and just the right touch of oak. This wine is silky in texture, building momentum as it crosses the palate to a lovely, lingering finish.  




No comments:

Post a Comment